Glenelg Shire logo
Skip Links


Welcome to the Glenelg Shire Council

Contractor Registration and Safety Induction

The Glenelg Shire Council requires all contractors, consultants, labour-hire companies and their employees who are performing work for, or on behalf of the Council to complete the online Company Registration.

If you are a company representative or business owner performing major or minor works on behalf of Council, you must direct ALL of your employees who will be undertaking work on your behalf for the Glenelg Shire Council to register and complete their Safety Induction.

Service Providers undertaking works such as administrative work, consultancy, auditing or training are not required to complete the online safety induction, however will be required to undertake a site-specific induction conducted by the Contract Manager.

Work may not be carried out until the registration process has been completed. Employees or sole traders will not be allowed on site without a valid induction certificate.

There is no cost to complete the induction and there is no limit on how many employees may be inducted.

Company Registration

The person administering the company's induction portal will need to register and update company details, work safe systems and insurance. This should only be completed once for each company.

What you will need to complete the registration portal:
• Electronic copy of your company’s certificate of currency public liability
• Electronic copy of your company’s certificate of currency workcover
• Electronic copy of your company’s certificate of currency professional indemnity (if applicable)
• Electronic copy of your company’s OHS Management Systems

If an Accredited System:
• Accreditation Number
• Accreditation Certificate

If not an Accredited System:
• Electronic copy of your company’s OHS Management Plan – front page
• Electronic copy of your company’s OHS Management Plan – table of content
• Electronic copy of your company’s Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) or equivalent (example only).

Click here to register your company to get started.

Click here for instructions on how to register.

Safety Inductions

The Safety Induction section is currently being redesigned and not available for you and your employees to complete.
If you have previously undertaken the Health and Safety Online Induction, please ensure that you have your ID card with you when working on Council sites. This card is currently valid.

If you are a new Contractor, undertaking works for Council, please ensure that you talk with the contract manager and undertake a site induction.

What is the definition of major and minor works?

Major Work: Work or contract involving:
• Significant public or staff safety issue(s), And / Or;
• High risk activities (e.g. asbestos, demolition, confined spaces) And / Or;
• Coordination between several contractors and/or subcontractors.

Minor work: Work or contract involving:
• No high-risk activities or high-risk construction work.

Already registered?

Click here to login

Having trouble completing the contractor registration or induction?
Please refer to the portal instructions on this page.
Please contact your contract manager in the first instance, or contact the Training Coordinator – OHS & Risk on 1300 GLENELG.

Powered by