Glenelg Shire logo
Skip Links


Welcome to the Glenelg Shire Council


Sports & Recreation

The Glenelg Shire Recreation Services aims to provide access to quality sporting facilities, playgrounds, open space recreation areas and opportunities for a wide range of sport, recreation and leisure activities across the Shire.

The program includes assistance with club development, volunteer training opportunities and the Council's Community Grants Program Recreation category.

The Glenelg Shire's Recreation Coordinator is available to assist groups and clubs in development, planning and promotional activities. For more information please contact Hayley Rowe on 03 5522 2346 or by email.

For specific GSC Sport and Recreation information click the sites below:

Active Your Way Glenelg- like us on Facebook

GSC Recreation Services Active Your Way Facebook Page for clubs and the community to stay up to date with all things recreation and sport, visit and like our page for more information.

Casual Bookings for Reserves and Facilities

The Glenelg Shire Council uses Reserve Manager to log and manage casual bookings for all reserves and facilities.

To make a Casual Booking please visit Reserve Manager HERE. Casual users are required to register and create a Casual Account to make a booking.

Casual Hirers are also required to complete and submit a Risk Management Plan prior to their booking. The Risk Management Template can be downloaded HERE . Once complete please send to the Recreation Coordinator at for confirmation of your booking.

For Conditions of Hire- Casual Use of Council Recreation Reserves and Pavilions and the 2017/18 Fees and Charges for Hire click HERE

If you require any assistance to make a Casual Booking at a Council owned Recreation Facility please contact Hayley Rowe, Recreation Coordinator, on 03 5522 2346 or by email.

Sports Ground Allocations

Council uses the IMS Reserve Manager program for the administration and management of Recreation Users information, allocations and bookings.

Please click HERE to access Reserve Manager if you are a club or casual user.

If you require assistance with Reserve Manager please contact Hayley Rowe on 03 5522 2346 or by email

Contacts & Resources

Sport & Recreation Victoria 
SRV provides grants and funding to support groups from local community clubs through to the elite level. Funding is available for a range of activities, from improving or building new facilities to putting in place community projects and programs.
Our Community
This website is designed to assist community based organisations with resources and information regarding all aspects of community management.  
South West Sport This website has many fact sheets in their club resource section. You can subscribe to their monthly newsletter. 
Club Development Network
Is the Australian Government body that coordinates the Government’s commitment & contribution to sport. It provides national leadership in all facets of sport from the elite level through to the wider sporting community.
Wannon Water
This website has information on water conservation and restrictions. On the home page has a drop down box under what applies in my town, choose your town and find what restrictions apply to you. Please use water responsibly.
Vic Health
This website (Victorian Health Promotion Fund) has resources and information for sport and recreation organisations, particularly sporting clubs.
Australian Drug Foundation
This website (Good Sports Program) also has resources and information for sporting clubs.
South West Academy of Sport
Their role is to improve athlete performance and development and provide pathways between levels of participation. You can subscribe to their monthly newsletter online. 
Grantslink is a Federal government grants website.

Other Useful links: Australian Sports Commission Australian Sports Commission


Not for Profit Law Information This website provides advice and resources for community groups and sporting club committees in relation to governance and incorporation matters.

Corella Control Information

Each year Council receives many complaints from residents, sporting clubs, businesses and schools regarding Corellas. These complaints include requests for Council to take action on the issue and repair the damaged caused by the birds. In addition Council also receives complaints about the non-lethal and lethal actions employed to control the birds.

Council has developed a Corella Control Flyer to provide information and control methods which focus on decreasing the impact of Corellas on Council owned and managed infrastructure and assets.

subscribe Latest Updates by Email Sign Up Now
Powered by