Glenelg Shire logo
Skip Links


Welcome to the Glenelg Shire Council

Prescribed Accommodation

Prescribed accommodation businesses which include hotels and motels, hostels, student dormitories, holiday camps and rooming houses must comply with the regulations in the Public Health and Wellbeing Act, and must be registered with Council.

One of our Environmental Health Officers will inspect your premises before registration approval, and then once a year before to the annual renewal process.

Established accommodation businesses

If you are a proprietor and want to make changes to your existing premises, or wish to organise a transfer of business registration to a new proprietor please contact your Environmental Health Officer on 03 5522 2229 or email

Powered by