The Glenelg Shire Council is committed to enhancing community wellbeing, and encourages and supports a broad range of arts and cultural events, community, sporting, adult learning, social support clubs and organisations through targeted funding programs.
The aim of the Community Grants Program is to assist community organisations and groups to undertake activities and provide facilities for the benefit of the citizens and residents of the Shire region.
The Glenelg Shire Council provides approximately $162,000 each year for community grants. There are two rounds of funding each financial year, and applications are usually invited in July and February. Not for profit community organisations or groups are invited to submit an application in the following categories:
2. Public Halls
4. Arts, Culture and Heritage
5. Community Plan Support
6. Community Support
The Community Grants Guidelines (Round 2) 2016-2017 documentation, online 'Application Form' and printable PDF Version are available by clicking on the relevant links below. Alternatively, printed forms are available at the Council Customer Service Centres in Casterton, Heywood and Portland.
Potential applicants should refer to the Community Grants Guidelines (Round 2) 2016-2017 to assess their eligibility to apply. All organisations and groups are strongly encouraged to discuss their projects with the relevant Council officer prior to submitting their application.
• For Recreation, Public Halls and Community Support: Sharon Bridgewater on 5522 2172 or via email email@example.com
• For Tourism: Gerri Torpy on 5522 2519 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
• For Arts, Culture and Heritage: Susie Lyons on 5522 2301 or via email email@example.com
• For Community Plan Support: Phoebe Nagorcka-Smith on 5522 2373 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are now open and close at 5pm on Monday, 27 February 2017.