Meet your Mayor and Councillors
Your Councillors represent you. You can make contact in any of the following ways:
Phone or Email
Phone or email your Mayor or Councillors using the contact details listed below.
Write a Letter
You can write to:
Glenelg Shire Council, PO Box 152, Portland Victoria 3305
Make an Appointment
Request an appointment by contacting the Acting Executive Assistant to the CEO, Kerry Holmes:
- Telephone0437 755 463
- ProfileCr Scott Martin was elected to Glenelg Shire Council for his first Council term in 2020. Cr Martin is originally from Adelaide, having moved to the Glenelg Shire over a decade ago with his partner Deb to undertake ownership of the Bridgewater Bay Café. Cr Martin was, and still is, very much attracted to the country and coastal lifestyle, as well as the potential our Shire offers.
- Telephone0437 866 211
- ProfileCr Jayden Smith joins Council as one of the youngest Councillors in Glenelg Shire's history. Cr Smith was born in the Portland hospital in mid September 1994 and has been living in Portland since.
- Telephone0437 788 034
- ProfileCr Michael Carr was elected for his first Council term in November 2020. Cr Carr is a lifelong Portland local of 37 years and grew up on the family farm. Cr Carr completed his education at local schools and holds a Master's degree in engineering. Cr Carr is married to Carly and the proud father to three sons.
- Telephone0488 900 634
- ProfileCr Gilbert Wilson was elected to the Glenelg Shire Council in March 2002 and served as Mayor in 2006-2007; 2009-2010 and 2011-2012. Former Councillor with City of Portland from December 1987 to August 1991.
- Telephone0408 744 456
- ProfileCr John Northcott joins Council in a short term extraordinary vacancy following the resignation of Cr Anita Rank. He previously spent 17 years on Council, including holding the position of Mayor.
More on the Council