Meet your Mayor and Councillors
Your Councillors represent you. You can make contact in any of the following ways:
Phone or Email
Phone or email your Mayor or Councillors using the contact details listed below.
Write a Letter
You can write to:
Glenelg Shire Council, PO Box 152, Portland Victoria 3305
Make an Appointment
Request an appointment by contacting the Executive Assistant to the CEO, Laura Van Oosten:
- Telephone0437 788 034
- ProfileCr Michael Carr was elected for his first Council term in November 2020. Cr Carr is a lifelong Portland local of 37 years and grew up on the family farm. Cr Carr completed his education at local schools and holds a Master's degree in engineering. Cr Carr is married to Carly and the proud father to three sons.
- Telephone0437 755 463
- ProfileCr Scott Martin was elected to Glenelg Shire Council for his first Council term in 2020. Cr Martin is originally from Adelaide, having moved to the Glenelg Shire over a decade ago with his partner Deb to undertake ownership of the Bridgewater Bay Café. Cr Martin was, and still is, very much attracted to the country and coastal lifestyle, as well as the potential our Shire offers.
- Telephone0488 761 911
- ProfileCr Alistair McDonald joins Council in a short term extraordinary vacancy following the resignation of Cr Jayden Smith. He has called Portland home for over 60 years and has retired from running the family business. Cr McDonald still enjoys getting out for the occasional surf, is a life member of Portland Runners Club and a member of the Point Danger Committee of Management.
- Telephone0461 352 289
- ProfileCr Robyn McDonald joins Council in a short term extraordinary vacancy following the resignation of Cr Chrissy Hawker. A fourth generation local Cr McDonald has a keen interest in both the built and natural environments within our Shire. Cr McDonald holds a Bachelor of Education (Arts) and an Interior Design Diploma, teaching locally and more recently lecturing in Melbourne.
- Telephone0408 744 456
- ProfileCr John Northcott joins Council in a short term extraordinary vacancy following the resignation of Cr Anita Rank. He previously spent 17 years on Council, including holding the position of Mayor.
- Telephone0488 900 634
- ProfileCr Gilbert Wilson was elected to the Glenelg Shire Council in March 2002 and served as Mayor in 2006-2007; 2009-2010 and 2011-2012. Former Councillor with City of Portland from December 1987 to August 1991.
More on the Council