Prescribed Accommodation

Prescribed accommodation businesses are required to comply with the Public Health and Wellbeing Regulations 2019 and must be registered with Council under Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008.

Prescribed Accommodation businesses include the following premises;

  • Hotels and Motels
  • Hostels
  • Student Dormitories
  • Holiday Camps
  • Rooming Houses

To register your Prescribed Accommodation business, please complete the Application form. One of our Environmental Health Officers will inspect your premises before registration approval, and then routinely in accordance with the legislation.

Established accommodation businesses

If you are a proprietor and want to make changes to your existing premises, or wish to organise a transfer of business registration to a new proprietor please contact our Environmental Health Unit.