Annual Budget and Reports
The 2023-2024 Glenelg Shire Council Budget and Fees and Charges Schedule was endorsed on 27 June at the June Council Meeting.
The $59 million budget includes a comprehensive $11.99 million capital works program to deliver on, and carry forward projects and new initiatives across the Shire.
Highlights of the Capital Works program include:
- $5.8M Portland Foreshore Multipurpose
- $1.4M Alexandra Park Redevelopment
- $1.8M Bridgewater Landscaping and Pathways
- $2.3M Portland North Industrial Precinct
- $3.6M Local Freight Roads
- $3.1M Road works and bridge renewals
- $100k Lighting and Ceremonial Space
- $200k Recreational and community facilities renewal, including a number of playspace upgrades
- $115k Library, furniture and heritage equipment renewal programs
- $160k improvements for parks and open spaces
Council provides more than 120 services to people of all ages and stages of life around the Shire. The Budget outlines our commitment to our broad service delivery, ensuring generations to come can continue to access quality services from Council.
The budget also includes several initiatives and projects in 2023/24:
- Continued focus on asset maintenance of Council owned assets to ensure they are financially viable, fit for purpose and multiuse, where possible.
- Investment in digital connectivity across the municipality by continuing to deliver the Digital Glenelg Implementation Plan.
- Good governance is enhanced with livestreaming continuing to be delivered in 2023/24.
- Continued rollout of the Traineeship Program, offering opportunities to young people to participate in training and employment.
- Continued allocation of $200k for Community Grants Program and other Events.
To view the Budget, download a copy of the document.(PDF, 505KB)
Hard copies can also be requested for printing at any of our Customer Service Centres.
Annual Report 2022-2023
Council has a statutory requirement to produce an Annual Report each financial year. The Local Government Act 2020 outlines the key information that must be included and the process that must be adhered to in the development, authorisation and publication of the Annual Report.
The 2022-2023 Annual Report is a key corporate document of Council. It contains Council’s Financial Statements, Performance Statement and the achievements delivered under the Council Plan during the financial year - 1 July 2022 to the 30 June 2023.
The annual report is focused on highlights and is primarily used by a range of government, community based and private sector organisations.