1. Online Communities
While encouraging rigorous debate and the sharing of diverse opinions, Council expects community members to treat each other with respect and courtesy. These standards apply to interaction within all Glenelg Shire managed accounts established on third-party social media sites.
You understand and agree Council has ultimate editorial control over all its online content. We may edit, remove or exercise its discretion not to accept or publish your contribution for legal, editorial or operational reasons including if it considered to be:
- defamatory, or otherwise unlawful or that it violates laws regarding harassment, discrimination, racial vilification, privacy or contempt.
- intentionally false or misleading;
- an infringement of intellectual property rights including copyright;
- abusive, offensive or obscene;
- inappropriate, off topic, repetitive or vexatious.
- compromising the privacy of any person or containing inappropriate personal information;
- seeking to endorse commercial products or services;
- seeking to directly solicit donations;
- deliberate provocation of other community members;
- impersonating someone else and/or posting on behalf of a suspended member; or
- profanity - profane language will be removed, as our pages are family-friendly and will remain respectful to all community members
Additionally, there may be times where moderation support is not available. Council managed social media accounts are only moderated within business hours, so we may have to limit comments after hours to mitigate the risk of any content being produced that violates our terms listed above.
When accessing or participating in a Glenelg Shire managed space on a third party platform, such as channels, pages or feeds hosted on an external site, you agree to comply with the terms and conditions specified by that third party platform.
We recommend you make sure you understand the privacy settings for each platform with which you engage and choose appropriate options to protect your personal details and content shared.
2. Contributing content
You are responsible for all content you contribute to any of Council's online services or social media sites, including text, photos, videos, audio and links.
You confirm you own or have the right to use any copyright material included in your content, that you have permission of anyone appearing or performing and that you are not infringing any person’s rights by submitting the content to Council. You also confirm you have, where appropriate, sought the consent of the parent or guardian of any person under the age of 18 who is featured in your content.