Pension Concession

The Local Government Act 1989 provides that eligible pensioners shall receive a reduction of rates levied. Eligible card holders will also be entitled to a concession on the Fire Services Property Levy.


Application must be made via a Municipal Rates Concession Form . Lodge your application at any of the Glenelg Shire Customer Service Centers and present your current concession card.


If individual pension details have not changed, it is not necessary to re-apply for the concession each year.


Please Note. A Health Care Card does not entitle the holder to a rate reduction.